Can you switch doctors in a workers’ compensation case?

When a North Carolina employee is injured on the job, the employer will typically appoint a doctor to treat the employee’s injury. In most cases, the employee must see this doctor for treatment.

However, in some cases, an employee may file a request to have a different doctor. If the employer does not approve the request, then the employee may seek remedy from the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.

If you have questions about a workers’ compensation case, contact the North Carolina workers’ compensation attorneys of Scudder Seguin, PLLC, at (919) 851-3311.